Episode Sponsors: Madison-Reed.com + Promo Code: Left
Get AD FREE Shows & Bonus Content: Support our show on Patreon!
Janine Jackson takes a quick look back at recent press, including coverage of Russia as an excuse for even more military spending.
Nikhil Pal Singh sketches three arcs of U.S. history that have yielded the durable commitments to racism, militarism, and unequal class power that have sharpened over the past two decades.
We’re being fleeced so our oligarchs can profit from murder. Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks, breaks it down.
With its empire in decline, the United States is no longer the world’s dominant superpower. Stuck in the idea of international control, it continues to maintain military reach at the expense of long-term economic health. Guest: John Michael Greer
Dave Lindorff, a contributor for The Nation, joins Ring of Fire’s Sam Seder, to talk about how the Pentagon failed an audit due to problems they weren't interested in fixing.
A new Pentagon study says the U.S. may be losing its dominant position in world affairs and that the DoD needs a "wakeup call"--but Col. Lawrence Wilkerson says the report is really about using fear to drum up more money for the military
Jeremy Scahill analyzes Trump’s U.N. speech and gives context to the seldom-discussed bipartisan support for much of Trump’s global agenda.
Ch. 8: Thoughts on internationalism - Erin from Philadelphia
Ch. 9: We don't honor anyone who we should - Marguerite from Fortuna, CA
Ch. 10: Final comments on the honor we should but don’t show
- Opening Theme: Loving Acoustic Instrumental by John Douglas Orr
- Felt Lining - The Cabinetmaker (Blue Dot Sessions)
- On Early Light - Cholate (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Rapids - Grey River (Blue Dot Sessions)
- A Path Unwinding - K4 (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Derailed - The Depot (Blue Dot Sessions)
- That Horse Ithica - Sketchbook (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Voicemail Music: Low Key Lost Feeling Electro by Alex Stinnent
- Closing Music: Upbeat Laid Back Indie Rock by Alex Stinnent
Produced by Jay! Tomlinson
Thanks for listening!
Visit us at BestOfTheLeft.com
Support the show via Patreon
Follow at Twitter.com/BestOfTheLeft
Like at Facebook.com/BestOfTheLeft
Contact me directly at Jay@BestOfTheLeft.com