Get AD FREE Shows & Bonus Content: Support our show on Patreon!
Janine Jackson takes a quick look at the recent press, including Brazil’s new fascist president
Ian Bremmer makes the case that democracy, plus technology, plus political globalism simply can't work. According to Bremmer, we need to look no further than Trump, Brexit, and recent European elections for proof.
Conversation with Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Glenn Greenwald about the Brazilian election resulting in far-right leader Jair Bolsonaro being elected Brazil’s next president.
Speaking with Brian Mier, an editor at Brasil Wire who also edited the book Voices of the Brazilian Left, about the election of Brazil’s new President Jair Bolsonaro
Why do we have to choose between nationalism and globalism, between loving our countries and caring for the world? In this talk, Wanis Kabbaj explains how we can challenge this polarizing, binary thinking
Ch. 6: Analyzing the 2018 elections and beyond - V from Central New York
Ch. 7: When hate comes for one group it comes for all groups - Mary Lynn from MN
Ch. 8: Final comments on the power dynamic of privacy vs trasnparency
- Opening Theme: Loving Acoustic Instrumental by John Douglas Orr
- The Back Lot - Sunday at Slims (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Our Fingers Cold - K2 (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Haena - Cloud Harbor (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Astrisx - Bodytonic (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Voicemail Music: Low Key Lost Feeling Electro by Alex Stinnent
- Closing Music: Upbeat Laid Back Indie Rock by Alex Stinnent
Produced by Jay! Tomlinson
Thanks for listening!
Visit us at BestOfTheLeft.com
Support the show via Patreon
Follow at Twitter.com/BestOfTheLeft
Like at Facebook.com/BestOfTheLeft
Contact me directly at [email protected]