Get AD FREE Shows & Bonus Content: Support our show on Patreon!
Janine Jackson takes a quick look at coverage of the death of George H.W. Bush.
This week Brooke talks to Buzzfeed senior culture writer Anne Helen Petersen about whose voices and experiences are prioritized in presidential remembrances and why they leave us with an incomplete picture.
After learning that his own Justice Department is investigating his crimes, Vice President Spiro Agnew embarks on a secret, behind-the-scenes effort… to obstruct justice. It’s a scheme that ends up involving George H.W. Bush
George H. W. Bush paved the way for today’s Republican party with his racist Willy Horton campaign, the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court, and pardoning the Iran-Contra conspirator whose trial would have exposed his own abuse of power.
We review parts of Bush Sr.’s legacy today — without either dancing on his grave or lionizing — particularly on the environment.
A panel of experts looks at some of the actions of George H.W. Bush that warrant a more critical response.
We discuss George HW Bush's legacy of decimation and murder.
Jeremy Scahill details the crimes of George H.W. Bush, the sick propaganda of the corporate media memorials; and the trail of blood, death, and tears Bush leaves behind.
Ch. 9: Powerful vs vulnerable in privacy and transparency - Terry from New York
Ch. 10: Thoughts on the Brazilian election and the global right-wing backlash - Jeff from California
Ch. 11: Final comments on this one weird trick that could improve our debate-based media immeasurably
- Opening Theme: Loving Acoustic Instrumental by John Douglas Orr
- Great is the Contessa - The Contessa (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Algea Trio - Algea Fields (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Chilvat - Lillehammer (Blue Dot Sessions)
- The Cast and Favor - Bayou Birds (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Contrarian - Sketchbook (Blue Dot Sessions)
- The Envelope - Aeronaut (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Vengeful - Warmbody (Blue Dot Sessions)
- Voicemail Music: Low Key Lost Feeling Electro by Alex Stinnent
- Closing Music: Upbeat Laid Back Indie Rock by Alex Stinnent
Produced by Jay! Tomlinson
Thanks for listening!
Visit us at BestOfTheLeft.com
Support the show via Patreon
Follow at Twitter.com/BestOfTheLeft
Like at Facebook.com/BestOfTheLeft
Contact me directly at [email protected]